Wednesday, November 07, 2007

Attic window


Attic window, originally uploaded by Jrome.

Today, Tim and Chris finished up the last window and hit the road. Job well done I think. I could never have done it in the time they did, nor done as good a job. Well, maybe if the Evans boys were all here and we had plenty of time to get it done. But, heck, I gotta baby coming.

Here are some pictures of the last work day:

Window treatment

nearly finished

Clean up, isle 27


Also, today the drywall shipment arrived. They guys boomed it up through the attic window. 4x12 sheets. Huge. It was windy and the hell, the third floor is up pretty high. So I says to the guy, "I bet when it gets really windy you put on a show, eh?"

He looks at me like a wise sage and says, "Well, a load this size weighs about the same as a small car. Gotta git blowin' pretty good to sway it. But when we get down to the last few sheets, they she starts movin' alright!"

View from above

Boom

Nicole had to check out the truck. She walked outside right under the boom and I just about had the baby myself. We're all safe and sound. Less than a week to go. What are we going to call him?

No comments: