Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Barn



So, I grew up with a barn. It didn't look much like this when I was growing up. It was mostly gray, and the boards along the bottom were sometimes missing. In 1998 our barn was saved. It's looked pretty much like this since then. I think it needs a nice new coat of dark red barn paint.

There's very little room for a barn on our urban lot. I'd like to have a place outside of the house to work - you know woodworking, bike stuff, guitar playin' - but I'm not sure I can fit it all inside what we've got back there.



So, this spring, I'm planning on building a workshop in the basement of our house. It will be small, but large enough for our needs. It'll have a dust collection system and air filtration system, and be closed off from the rest of the basement - drywalled, own circuits, etc.

But I wish I had a barn!

No comments: